KinseySears Limited follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
– We do not collect more information than is necessary;
– We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified;
– We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed;
– We only provide your data to select third party clients for the specific purposes listed below.
Kinsey Sears provide executive search and board services to clients looking to recruit staff or board members for their organisations and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be handled and processed by us. Please read the following carefully. By visiting this site, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25 May 2018, the data controller is Kinsey Sears, The Gridiron Building, One Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG and our data privacy lead is Tom Sears, Managing Director.
This policy sets out the types of personal data that we may collect about you and will explain how and why your personal data is collected and used. We will also explain how long your data will be kept and when, why and with whom your data may be shared.
The policy sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data and explains the effect/s of refusing to provide the personal data requested. We also explain the various rights and choices that you have when it comes to your personal data, how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect and process the information necessary to be able to match you with available and future opportunities and, should you make an application, information needed to assess your eligibility at each stage of the recruitment process.
We may receive sensitive personal data about you, such as through the completion of our Equality Monitoring Form. If sensitive and protected personal data about you is collected for the purposes of equality monitoring only, this data is anonymised. We only collect and process sensitive personal data from you with your explicit consent.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We collect personal data about you from various sources including:
Directly from You:
• Information you email to us while searching for a new opportunity.
• During a telephone conversation or email exchange in relation to an opportunity.
• Submitting a CV, profile or application for a position.
Through publicly available sources:
• Profiles on individual organisation web pages
• Companies’ House
• Search Engines such as Google
• Event and conference information
• Membership directories such as Who’s Who
• Referrals and Recommendation
• You may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
How and why do we use your personal data?
• We use your personal data to match your skills, experience, education and interests against a specific brief or requirement with a potential employer or requirement.
• We will initially collect basic information on you such as job title, role, experience and contact details to assess a potential match to the requirement.
• Once we have determined your interest in an opportunity, or to be considered for future
opportunities, we will collect further information from you to share with the client or retain for future clients. This will only be done with your approval.
• If you are selected to progress through further stages of a recruitment process, we will collect additional information such as due diligence requirements and information from referees, whom you have nominated.
• We may also use your data to provide you with information about future positions and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email or telephone.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
• We will keep candidate data for five years from our last contact with you.
• We will keep client data for six years from our last contact with the organisation.
• After this time, if we have had no further contact with you or your organisation, we will minimise the data held.
Who do we share your personal data with?
• Your personal data is shared within KinseySears as part of the executive search and recruitment process.
• We share your personal data with a client when you have given your approval or by applying in response to a specific recruitment process or position.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
• For prospective candidates, clients and referees, processing your information is done based on our legitimate interest because we require the information to be able to assess experience and suitability for potential roles, to find potential candidates and to contact clients and referees.
• If you apply as a candidate, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. In this case we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing.
• For clients, we may also rely on our processing being necessary to help prepare a contract for you, for example we need contact details to communicate with you over the course of the recruitment process.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
• If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or if you withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, we may not be able to match or consider you for opportunities and may not be able to proceed with an application or interest.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
• We do not undertake automated decisions.
• We review candidates through a structured screening process to assess whether each candidate meets the specific criteria for a position and this is available and clearly explained in the information provided for each position. This screening process may result in a candidate being deemed not suitable for a position.
• Some of our clients request that we carry out personality or psychometric assessments on their behalf and this information is passed on to the client. This is only carried out with your full consent.
When you visit our website
Personal information is not collected by visiting our website, we only keep track of anonymous traffic data.
You can visit our website without giving away your personal information. KinseySears uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the KinseySears website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access our website.
When you submit a CV to us
When you submit a CV to us we collect the personal data you give us to be used for the following purposes and collated with additional data obtained from publicly available data, data from interactions with you and with related third parties.
When you contact us
While you can use our website without giving out your personal information, once you contact us via e-mail, KinseySears collects information about you.
The information you provide (personal information such as your name, email address, organisation) will be processed and stored so that it is possible for us to contact and respond to your request, and/or allow you access to our services.
If you apply for a job with or through KinseySears, we will collect, process and store the information you have sent us for recruitment-related purposes, such as contacting you. Additionally, KinseySears may keep your data for a period of time for the purpose of considering you for further opportunities.
KinseySears seeks to ensure the security of personal data. When KinseySears collects information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorized access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorized disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Access to information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com
We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you with an administrative fee.
Information Correction & Deletion
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us, so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in Information Collection and use will be deleted.
If at any point you wish for KinseySears to delete information about you, you can simply contact us.
The purposes for which we hold and process data include:
• Board Search
• Executive Search
• Succession Planning
• Talent Mapping
• Interim Appointments
KinseySears will not reduce your rights stated in this Policy without asking for explicit prior consent to the changes.
In accordance with applicable law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for improving our service.
We do not use profiling, we do not sell or in any other way spread your data to third parties, we do not use your data for purposes other than what we specified.
We also make sure that your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed no longer necessary.
You can contact us at any time to:
• Request access to information that KinseySears has about you
• Correct any information that KinseySears has about you
• Delete information that KinseySears has about you
If you have any additional questions about KinseySears’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
The Gridiron Building
One Pancras Square
London N1C 4AG
+44 (0) 203 488 2629KinseySears